[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Climate change, a growing global population and global pandemic situations indicate that the world has already faced unprecedented agricultural challenges within the last decade.
Agricultural technology, or ‘agri-tech’ helps to offer a solution and the global market size of smart agriculture is expected to grow from approximately 9.58 billion U.S. dollars in 2017 to 23.14 billion U.S. dollars by 2022.
Having a special bond with agriculture, Zesium was given the opportunity to take part in the growing industry and develop Atfield app for our partner Winessense™. Atfield is the application which helps farmers to keep track of the condition of their grapevines and the overall vineyard status.
- ability to monitor the condition of crops (temp, humidity, etc.)
- ability to show the overall vineyard status
- abilty to collect and analyze data about the vineyard
- personalized user experience (push notifications, etc.)
- A mobile app with clear features to simplify monitoring the condition of crops via grid view (temperature, humidity, soil moisture, luminosity index, wind and more), thus giving farmers the opportunity to actively monitor crops and react in a timely manner if the data is not satisfactory.
- The app also shows the overall vineyard status (good, average, poor) and it serves farmers as an indicator to change or adjust the course of action within their agricultural works.
- The Logbook for farmers is one of the biggest assets within the application – farmers can see the data on the vineyard and a thumbnail image of it. The main purpose is to monitor farming activities at the specific field such as sowing, pruning, spraying, fertilizing etc., allowing farmers to focus on other actions rather than keeping the track of time for each vineyard activity.
- Users can report the vineyard condition to the central server and use the collected data further for various usage – generating reports, active monitoring of the crops’ condition and changing the course of actions if necessary to improve their crop yield.
- Users have a possibility to create feedback (plain text) and send it to the server even in OFFLINE mode since the application has the capacity to store the message in the local memory along with the timestamp until the Internet connection is restored.
- Besides basic user profile (English and Serbian), farmers are able to get notified about the vineyard enabling them to change specific issues relevant to their future production. There are several types of notifications relevant to farmers:
– weather notifications,
– potential changes at the field,
– feedback notifications (Onfield – GPS location and Offield – time triggered) and
– activity and disease probability notifications.
Atfield is a unique mobile application which helps farmers to make agricultural production more efficient at each production stage (by reducing risks caused by weather conditions or diseases) and thus close their harvest season with the best agricultural output and a minimal yield gap.
You have a question?
Book a free 60 min consultation!